Sunday, January 6, 2008

1 month old!

Happy Birthday to me. Okay, I'm one month and a day, but its not my fault Mom didn't put up a post yesterday. Mom thought it would be a good idea to chronicle my accomplishments over the month... so here we go. Once Mom finishes revisions to a paper, she'll work on putting pictures up with the lists.

My accomplishments:
  • I've grown! Official weigh in: 9 lbs 6 oz! I'm now tall too at 21.5". I'm a big girl!
  • Vision - I can focus on objects and even track them 180 degrees (if I like them).
  • Talking - So I can't quite talk yet, but I can make lots of sounds now (besides crying) and they're all much louder than when I was born.
  • I can sit up against Daddy or a pillow and not fall over.
  • I have eyebrows! Who knew that newborns didn't have eyebrows?
  • I can burp almost as loud as daddy... but I can't do the ABCs yet.
  • I can sweat and cry tears.
  • My ears are whole. One of them looked like Mike Tyson got to me in the womb when I was born, but now its grown in and looks like Daddy's.
Things I like:
  • Eating
  • My doggie stuffed animal
  • My bouncer
  • Playing naked baby - ah, the freedom
  • Sleeping on Mommy & Daddy's chests
  • My car seat - puts me to sleep every time
  • Sucking on a pinky finger (and sometimes a pacifier)
  • Whining
Things I don't like:
  • Getting my diaper changed
  • Gas
  • Nurses that prick my heals
  • Thermometers
  • Being cold
Things I'm good at:
  • Crying/whining
  • Eating
  • Kicking
  • Impersonating Marlon Brando as the Godfather
  • Impersonating Tevez (Manchester United stiker) when I'm angry
  • Keeping Mom & Dad up at night

4 comments:

RGW said...

Hey baby Adams, Yay your one month old, and doing so well by the sound of it. When you going to convince your mom to come out and visit Hawaii with you, do some surfing, a little histology, a little sunbathing and Mai Tai drinking.....come on little chiquita...:0)

ekapooki said...

Teves???? She should be kicking like Abby Wambach, Hope Solo or Kristine Lilly - not ugly assed Carlos Teves!

Who am i to complain? At least she's kicking like a soccer player and not like a cheerleader :-)

anne said...

More pictures please! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Dahlia is getting big already. She and Cambria can share clothes. They look to be around the same size now. Cambria was 9lbs, 6oz and 21" tall at her 2 week check up. Little girls are amazing!!!!