Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Beach Brunch

We had a full Sunday in LA. First we had brunch with Mommy's friends from college. Julie came all the way down from San Jose.

Lindsay drove down with Alex from Santa Barbara. I was very excited to have someone close to my age to play with - Alex is a little more than a month older than me. She could crawl though. It was quite impressive... another month and I'll be doing that!



Alex and I played in Bridget's huge kitchen while the adults made brunch. It was fine when we each had cups - though she had mine, and I had hers. We had some issues learning to 'share' the spoon though. Alex seemed to really like my wooden spoon. It was my favorite toy that Grandma gave me. In the end, I let her play with it. I was more interested in eating her head than eating the spoon.



After all that play, we took a short walk to the beach. I stayed awake just long enough to see the Pacific Ocean for the first time... and then passed out. Alex passed out in her stroller too. Mommy told me that people passing by were laughing at how we fell asleep. I didn't care... I was tired!! Its been such an exciting weekend... and I still had another party to attend!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun time. I wish we could have experienced it with you. Maybe later, you can come to our beach (or mountain or bay or ...) and fall asleep here too! Oh well, we can play (and nap) when we are in Maryland with you in September.

Anonymous said...

Boy I miss everyone. Nice to pictures anyway. Your kid is just too cute.

anne said...

They are very cute together!
Wish I could have been there with you all!